MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Flash support?

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:42:32 -0500
Bart,

I don't think we have any intention of limiting the scope of Chameleon.
  I think a future version may well include this type of capability,
especially if we can build an SVG or Flash map widget with custom
editing capability.  I think the javascript interface for line drawing
is a little too hokey to build a fully functional editing suite, I think
SVG is the real answer to that particular problem.

MapServer is currently a read-only WFS but there is interest in
implementing transactional support.  I think that it is unlikely that we
will be doing it in the short term but you never know ;)

I believe Steve Lime is adding WCS support to MapServer.  I haven't
heard anything about an integrated client.  Chameleon is certainly a
toolkit to build such a beast, we have done quite a bit of work (some of
it with you :)) on WFS integration in the last few months, that seems to
be the flavour of the day right now.  I can definitely see WCS
integration coming as soon as we understand what it can be used for (and
it is finished ;))