MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Flash support?

Dave McIlhagga mcilhagga@dmsolutions.ca
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:18:33 -0500
Bart,

In fact, we have an upcoming project that will require the inclusion of
some data editting capability. The data editting won't be going through
MapServer though, it will be through the GeoServer Transactional WFS on
top of PostGIS.

Since Chameleon is not completely tied to MapServer, there is no reason
we cannot plug-in to other backends (through OGC or other ...) to
perform data editting operations.

Regarding your question about WMS/WFS/WCS viewer - we may not be doing
it through the OGC itself, but I think if you wait about 6-9 months you
will see something of this nature coming live with Chameleon through
some of our ongoing work with our current clients.

Dave