MapTools.org

[Chameleon] zoomscale

John Pulles john.pulles@geodan.nl
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:11:33 +0100
Hi list,

It seems a (modified) Locate widget does not do an accurate zoom to
scale. We modified the Locate widget to zoom to a scale of 50000 and
noticed that the centre of the map was not close to the requested
location. Looking into the code (at the end of the parseUrl function of
the Locate widget) the problem seems that first the pixel coordinates
are calculated based on the full (?) extent of the map; after this the
zoom function is called.
I am not sure if I fully comprehend the code, but it seems more logical
to me if the zoom function would use map/world coordinates instead of
pixels, or else calculate the pixel coordinates after the zoom-to-scale
has been done.
The workaround seems to be to use the MapNavigator->recentre function
after having recalculated the pixel coordinates with the extent
after-the-zoomin. Is this the correct way, or should something else be done?

Regards,
John.

--

E-mail: john.pulles@geodan.nl