MapTools.org

[Chameleon] phpwms.dbf in relation to ISO19119

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde@xs4all.nl
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:52:42 +0100
Hi list,

in the application we have created with Chameleon we use the "Manage
Servers" part from Chameleon and also separately an ISO19119 Web Registry
Server (WRS) which has its own datamodel based on ISO19119. We have
created a custom widget on the WRS to search using the preliminary OGC
Catalog specs.

In my opinion there are quite a lot of similiarities between an ISO19119
datamodel and the phpwms.dbf. You could see the "Manage Servers" part of
Chameleon as a way to fill your ISO19119 datamodel, ideally through the
OGC Web Catalog Interface (although I do not know if the interface is
already (intended to be) transactional, in that case using WFS).

In the current situation, we are faced with duplicate information, where
Web Map Servers are both stored in phpwms.dbf and our ISO19119 database.

Are there any plans to integrate the phpwms.dbf stuff into a real ISO19119
registry model? Paul, you once mentioned the Manage Servers part will
completely be replaced when Maplab 3.0 sees the light, but perhaps the
back-structure of phpwms.dbf will be kept in place? I for one would be
interested in helping out, but if nobody likes the idea, then it's a no
go. I know it is quite a lot of overkill, but it would help in having an
application based on OGC standards for all parts of the application.