MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Item Query

Rene Teniere TENIERER@gov.ns.ca
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:13:30 -0400
Hi All,

Been sitting down here with the office MapServer programmer, looking to
create an Item Query. This goes back to the message I left yesterday on
having an input box for the user to input a mapsheet number and return
the result on the map display. In MapServer, you would just set the
variables and send them to MapServer for processing. The question is how
is this achieved through Chameleon? In fact, how does it talk to
mapserver? All we need to do is be able to figure out what variables to
set, and where to send them.

Example: In the bounding box widget, you set the user-defined bounding
coordinates to the variables and them pass them
on:window.opener.applyBoundingBox( nMinX, nMinY, nMaxX, nMaxY );

Is there anything that can help me out on figuring this stuff out? What
about the utils in htdocs_admin?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Rene

Rene J.R. Teniere - BSc., D.GIS
GIS Technician
Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources
Forestry Division (GIS) - Truro

Phone: (902) 893-5655
Mobile: (902) 209-8956