[Chameleon] error messages in links

Jason Fournier jfournier at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jul 13 11:27:37 EDT 2004

Isaac,

Couple of things...

If your intention is to use Chameleon I would encourage you to download
Chameleon 1.99 Beta.  You have downloaded CWC2 1.0.6 - the precursor to
Chameleon.

Having said that, in order to get your CWC2 installation up and running
we'll need to check a couple of things.  Firstly, do you have a file
called httpd_cwc2.conf in your /ms4w/httpd.d/ directory?  If not then
please create one with name httpd_cwc2.conf (actually, it can be any
name you wish) and place the following text in it:

Alias /chameleon/ "/ms4w/apps/cwc2/htdocs/"

<Directory "/ms4w/apps/cwc2/htdocs/">
   AllowOverride None
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

Restart Apache.

Type the following in your browser:

http://localhost/chameleon/cwc2.php

This should get you an application.  Note that you can pass a couple of
parameters in the url to get different applications - ie, the service
instance in action.  For instance, you could type:

http://localhost/chameleon/cwc2.php?template=demo.html

and receive a different application altogether.  A few templates have
been provided in the htdocs directory by the developers and designers of
cwc2.

Hope this helps,
Jason