[Chameleon] performance of drawmap.php

bartvde at xs4all.nl bartvde at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 1 09:07:11 EDT 2004

Hi list,

I have done a test with the Microsoft Web Stress test tool by requesting
an image to drawmap.php, and requesting the same image to Mapserver CGI
directly. I only have one visible layer in my application. All tests
performed on the server itself (localhost), so no network traffic
involved.

These are the results:

directly to Mapserver WMS:
136 hits in 1 minute: average is 438.86 ms.

using drawmap.php:
42 hits in 1 minute: average is 1409.50 ms.

Why is there such a big performance loss in this step? This seems to be
the largest performance bottleneck in Chameleon.