[Chameleon] performance of drawmap.php

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 1 14:14:49 EDT 2004

Hi Daniel,

I am using 4.2, that's right.

I tried the DEBUG in MAP and LAYER (of the Chameleon app MAP file) but am
not getting anything into the Apache error log concerning times. It would
be very useful to have this option built into the maptools Windows
binaries.

If we would use your example to determine the overhead caused by the WMS
client (downloading through Mapserver WMS client, compared to downloading
 from the WMS server directly):

(3.045-2.392)/3.045 = 20%

I may be misinterpreting the data though .....

In my example I had 300 ms / 833 ms = 36% overhead (1 WMS layer, localhost)

But maybe the conclusion of this all is that, the fact that the map
rendering does not start immediately, is the bottle neck in this case, and
that's a hard one to solve.