[Chameleon] 1.99 Installation

Ken Sanderson ken at rockies.ca
Wed Jun 16 12:41:52 EDT 2004

This is my first install of Chameleon and I have a few questions as I go
through the process:

1) I am following the instructions in: CWC2_Installation.txt is this the
right way to go?

2) It talks about installing geobase and the included files, which are
not included in the 1.99 package. For 1.99 do I just direct things like
default_template to a file in the samples folder? If so which file?

3) How many folders do we need to store data and whats the difference
between them? Going through the config file to setup the parameters I
was getting confused. My problem is as a new user I am not sure what
certain 'terms' mean. For example given the list below, whats is cached
capabilities? What are the context files and template files?

server_data_path - This is where cached capabilities and other
information, common to each session, should be.
log_path - Directory in which to write log files.
button_cache_path - Directory in which to write image files generated
for buttons.
tmp_img_path - Directory where temporary image files are put.
context_root - Absolute root path to context files. All context should
be in that folder (or sub folder).
template_root - Absolute root path to template files. All template
should be in that folder (or sub folder).

Here is what I am thinking so far. Data is where I would put my GIS data
and similar, using the data folder. Log path, just created a folder
under cwc2 called 'logs'. Button and img path, I was just going to
create one folder for both of these that's web accessable. No idea what
to say for context and template roots?

Thanks for the help,

Ken