[Chameleon] Language

Godwin, Liz Godwinl at AGR.GC.CA
Wed Jun 16 14:29:58 EDT 2004

An observation has led me to approach dual language pages differently.
Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction If there's a better
way.

Original problem:  When changing the language of a page, the legend
stays in the original language, English in my case, because the map
file/context doc is not changed, only the template.  So I have an
incomplete French page.  I understand this, because right now... when
the language is changed the map content stays the same, and all session
info stored.

But I don't want to use bilingual layer titles/metadata/queries.

Plan A:  bring up the page manually so I can call the french
template/context file myself.

Problem:  there seems to be no way to identify the language of a page.
The "Language" widget...well..I don't know what this DOES other to state
what other languages are available.  For my purposes I don't see the
point of this seeing as I have to load the language templates manually
in the index.phtml file anyway.  Anyway, if I can identify a template as
english or french, (en-ca/fr-ca) then i was hoping chameleon would
notice and apply the right language to my pop-up widgets.

Thoughts...please help!

Liz Godwin