[Chameleon] Chameleon Point-URL link in QueryResults

D'cruz,Steven [Ontario] Steven.D'Cruz at ec.gc.ca
Mon Jun 28 14:56:19 EDT 2004

Hi there,

	I'm attempting to configure Chameleon 1.0.5 for forwarding based
on query results... basically, if the user clicks on the 'queryable'
tab, and then on a point on the map, the resulting QueryResults contain
all of the valid query results.  However, for a specific layer (say
layer x), with a specific table (say table y), if a point in that layer
is clicked, I want to add a link to QueryResults which passes the
corresponding value from table y in layer x as a parameter to an
external website... For example, if the user clicks on a point
containing a value in layer x->table y, then that value, say z should be
passed on in the following format:
http://www.yoursite.com/forward.php?id=***z*** .  From what I've seen so
far, I'll apparently be required to modify the file
/cwc2path/htdocs/widgets/QueryResults.phtml .  My question is this;
where exactly in the file would I be able to do a string comparison such
that I can determine whether the layer name is equal to "x" for layer x?
I've tried the following(with added code inside if statements);

~Line 800 ---
		if (strcmp ($szTypeName, "tablename")==0)
		{
			$szValue="<a href =
\"http://www.yoursite.ca/script.php?parameter=".$szValue."\">".$szValue.
"</a>";
		}

... this should replace the plain text VALUE for tablename with a
hypertext link pointing to the desired site with the associated table
value as a parameter.  I've been unable to get this working ... any
suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Steven D'Cruz

Steven.Dcruz at ec.gc.ca

webaxis at yahoo.com

Environment Canada