MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Chameleon 1.1 Installation

Gianluigi Nozza gianluigi.nozza@tiscali.it
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:26:51 +0100
Dear lister
With the help of the list, I made a little step toward the main goal of the
"Chameleon 1.1 installation" with IIS and Windows 2000

I found very usefull the suggestion to include in the epsg proj file,
references for the two non standard projection of the sample application.
# WGS84 Canada LCC (WARNING: FAKE EPSG CODE, NON STANDARD)
<42101> +proj=lcc +ellps=WGS84 +lat_0=0 +lon_0=-95 +lat_1=49 +lat_2=77
+x_0=0 +y_0=-8000000 +datum=WGS84 +units=m no_defs <>
# NAD83 Canada LCC (WARNING: FAKE EPSG CODE, NON STANDARD) (This is the
standard Atlas of Canada data's projection)
<42304> +proj=lcc +ellps=GRS80 +lat_0=49 +lon_0=-95 +lat_1=49 +lat_2=77
+datum=NAD83 +units=m no_defs <>

At that point I was able to start the sample application, but with the
following limits:
I can't see any widget,
No widget seems to work, apart for the distances ruler that works fine.
I can'see the keymap
When I try to zoom in, I can see the red rubberband but the I come up with a
"missing page error"

At this point I believe that I have some failure in some path/url
specification

There will be someone in the universe using Chameleon 1.1 with IIS and
windows 2000 ?
I hope so. Will be that man/woman so kind to send me their working,

cwc2.xlm  configuration file
the sample map file properly configured (chameleon.map)
the sample template file properly configured (sample.html)

Thanks to everybody