MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Only a subset of points showed up on a layer

Choi,Stephanie [Ontario] Stephanie.Choi@ec.gc.ca
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:10:04 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C40B9B.0D9C9AE0

Hi all,

I am working on a mapserver demo using chameleon.  I have tried the Oracle
connection using virtual spatial data access method on each of the layers in
my mapfile and they all work okay.  Right now I am trying to add another
layer using Connection Type as WFS and use its GML file as data source.  I
tested the mapfile using shp2image and it works correctly and it outputed a
correct image, too.  And then I tested it thru a browser running as WMS
service.  It works okay too.  However, when I tried to add this layer to
chameleon by modifying gmap_context.xml and then run CWC2 instance, the
addition layer did show up; however, on this layer, only a subset of the
points showed up.  I just wonder where are those points go ?  From my
understanding, gmap_context.xml file is only a context file for chameleon
that allow adding remote layers to the result images.  So, the actual part
to create layers is from the remote map servers.  However, I have already
test this new layer and it has been created correctly from my mapserver.  So
right now I really have no clue on this problem.  I am a newbie on all this
GIS stuffs.  If I misunderstood anything, please point me out.  Any help
would be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks,
Stephanie

------_=_NextPart_001_01C40B9B.0D9C9AE0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE> Only a subset of points showed up on a layer</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi all,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am working on a mapserver demo using =
chameleon.&nbsp; I have tried the Oracle connection using virtual =
spatial data access method on each of the layers in my mapfile and they =
all work okay.&nbsp; Right now I am trying to add another layer using =
Connection Type as WFS and use its GML file as data source.&nbsp; I =
tested the mapfile using shp2image and it works correctly and it =
outputed a correct image, too.&nbsp; And then I tested it thru a =
browser running as WMS service.&nbsp; It works okay too.&nbsp; However, =
when I tried to add this layer to chameleon by modifying =
gmap_context.xml and then run CWC2 instance, the addition layer did =
show up; however, on this layer, only a subset of the points showed =
up.&nbsp; I just wonder where are those points go ?&nbsp; From my =
understanding, gmap_context.xml file is only a context file for =
chameleon that allow adding remote layers to the result images.&nbsp; =
So, the actual part to create layers is from the remote map =
servers.&nbsp; However, I have already test this new layer and it has =
been created correctly from my mapserver.&nbsp; So right now I really =
have no clue on this problem.&nbsp; I am a newbie on all this GIS =
stuffs.&nbsp; If I misunderstood anything, please point me out.&nbsp; =
Any help would be greatly apprieciated.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Stephanie&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C40B9B.0D9C9AE0--