MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Access Issues

Darren.Cope@statcan.ca Darren.Cope@statcan.ca
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:39:44 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C40C3E.73F08C38

Hello list,

I have set up a Chameleon demo using the MS4W package.  I am able to =
run
everything perfectly on my machine, through the webserver.  However, =
when
trying to access the application on another computer, the map image and =
the
key map do not work (the famous red x shows up).  The rest of the =
template
loads fine (including buttons and scalebar).  Where are the map and key =
map
images stored?  All I can find are  *.img.tmp files in the tmp =
directory,
which, when opened with an image viewer, show up as the main map image, =
but
are not .png files.  How does this work?  I cannot find the key map at =
all,
in any form.  The .img.tmp files are in the same folder as the scalebar
image, which is obviously accessible, since it works fine.

I am at a loss as to why the images are not accessible.  Any ideas?

Darren Cope
Statistics Canada/Statistique Canada
Geography Division/Division de la g=E9ographie
Jean Talon 3D5
Ottawa, Canada
(613) 951-6461

------_=_NextPart_001_01C40C3E.73F08C38

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2654.19">
<TITLE>Access Issues</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hello list,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have set up a Chameleon demo using =
the MS4W package.&nbsp; I am able to run everything perfectly on my =
machine, through the webserver.&nbsp; However, when trying to access =
the application on another computer, the map image and the key map do =
not work (the famous red x shows up).&nbsp; The rest of the template =
loads fine (including buttons and scalebar).&nbsp; Where are the map =
and key map images stored?&nbsp; All I can find are&nbsp; *.img.tmp =
files in the tmp directory, which, when opened with an image viewer, =
show up as the main map image, but are not .png files.&nbsp; How does =
this work?&nbsp; I cannot find the key map at all, in any form.&nbsp; =
The .img.tmp files are in the same folder as the scalebar image, which =
is obviously accessible, since it works fine.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am at a loss as to why the images =
are not accessible.&nbsp; Any ideas?</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">Darren Cope</FONT></B>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">Statistics Canada/Statistique =
Canada</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">Geography Division/Division de =
la g=E9ographie</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">Jean Talon 3D5</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">Ottawa, Canada</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Arial Narrow">(613) 951-6461</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C40C3E.73F08C38--