[Chameleon] upgrading

Tracy Howlett thowlett at whistlermuseum.org
Mon May 17 18:08:40 EDT 2004

Hi Paul and Bart,

I've been running Chameleon without any stability issues for about 6 months.
I'm now interested in upgrading to 1.99 in an effort to help out with some
of my final development challenges.

My original installation came from the binary and not from CVS.  This method
installed the chameleon files in a folder called 'cwc2' in my apps
directory.  Like I said, I've had the application running from there for
quite some time now.  Since you don't yet have a binary for 1.99 I've tried
going the CVS route.  I noticed that this version gets installed into a
directory called 'chameleon'.  For whatever reason, I cannot get the CVS
version running from that directory.  I've followed Paul's notes (thanks by
the way) and backtracked on my old problems to try and get the fix but all
I'm seeing is a blank page again.

Here's what I've done:

-Checked out Chameleon
-Checked out php_utils and copied /src/ files into my newly created
chameleon/htdocs/common directory
-Copied my existing cwc2.xml from cwc2/config/ into chameleon/config -
altered references to 'cwc2' to now reference 'chameleon' (your note says
'edit appropriately', I assume this type of edit is what you mean?)
-Added 'chameleon' as a virtual directory using IIS
-Changed my index.phtml to now include(
"/apps/chameleon/htdocs/chameleon.php" ) instead of /apps/cwc2....

I can't think of anywhere else I need to change cwc2 to chameleon and yet I
get a nothing on the screen.  I had this same problem a few weeks ago when I
tried a CVS install and then decided to just use the php_utils to update my
own widget scripts but then the application had all kinds of trouble so I
gave up!!!

I did try just changing the newly installed 'chameleon' directory name to
cwc2 but there was some conflict with that also - the screen still ends up
blank.  And ideas what step or file I'm missing?

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

Tracy