[Chameleon] EMBEDDED

Paul Spencer pagameba at magma.ca
Fri May 28 23:00:31 EDT 2004

Yes and no.  In some cases, this could be quite convenient.  In others,
the widget's embedded representation is (or should be) different (often
more compact) than the popup version.  MapSize is like this.  The
embedded version is a combo box.  The popup version is a full out
dialog, with title, body and close button ... In my opinion, I don't
think most dialogs would embed very well without logic to determine if
it is embedded and omit some or all of the interface.  So it seems
easier to put it in drawpublish.

But on a related note, I was pondering a non-popup solution for
Chameleon applications that would use an iframe in a DHTML layer to
display all dialogs.  I think this has a lot of potential since it could
be implemented without change to the dialogs by modifying the Popup.php
file to do the necessary changes to the javascript.  At least, I think
it could be that easy ;)