[Chameleon] Where is imagettfbbox()?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Nov 8 10:44:07 EST 2004

Tyler,

imagettfbbox is defined in the gd extension.  On windows, this would be
php_gd2.dll and on linux it is normally built right in to the php cgi.
Note that Chameleon requires gd2 now.  However, it only tests to see if
the extension is loaded and both gd and gd2 appear the same to php (i.e.
the extension name is 'gd' in both cases).  If you have pre-loaded the
php_gd.dll extension in your php.ini file or if you have compiled in gd,
then you may get this error.  In also requires that you have FreeType
included in your PHP/gd build too ...

my php was built with the following options (that relate to this issue)

--with-gd=/path/to/gd --with-freetype-dir=/path/to/freetype

My phpinfo() output includes:

gd

GD Support 	enabled
GD Version 	2.0 or higher          <--- important
FreeType Support 	enabled
FreeType Linkage 	with freetype  <--- important, not TTF!
GIF Read Support 	enabled
GIF Create Support 	enabled
JPG Support 	enabled
PNG Support 	enabled
WBMP Support 	enabled

If the freetype linkage says TTF instead of freetype then you need to
use a newer version of freetype.