[Chameleon] popup from rectangle

Ken-ichi kueda at wso.williams.edu
Fri Nov 19 18:13:33 EST 2004

So I'm still working on this widget (essentially a query-like tool that
uses a rectangle) and it really has me stumped.  When I junk ZoomIn's
ParseURL and add the JS functions from Query (renaming everything
appropriately, I hope), the form just submits whenever you click on the
map, instead of bringing up the popup window.  This happens regardless
of whether $this->mnAllowRectangle = 0 or not.  I even dropped an alert(
'blah' ) into the widgetNameWMouseClick() JS function, only to find it
doesn't even get called when I click on the map.  widgetNameWMouseMove()
works fine.  When I try the other route and set $this->mnAllowRectangle
= 1 in the Query widget, it has no effect: no rectangle.

So I guess my question is, how does Chameleon decide when a click on the
map submits the form, and when it defers to a widget's JavaScript?

-Ken-ichi