[Chameleon] widgets w/o SharedResource?

Ken-ichi kueda at wso.williams.edu
Wed Oct 20 17:01:36 EDT 2004

Is it possible to use widgets like ErrorReport and LegendTemplate
WITHOUT specifying the TextButton SharedResource?  I'm trying to put
together a very basic primer on Chameleon for some colleagues, so,
unlike previous attempts with Chameleon where I just copied things from
the samples dir, I tried writing a template de novo.  I'm trying to use
the minimal set of attributes for each widget tag, i.e. the ones in red
on the documentation page, but for widgets like ErrorReport and
LegendTemplate, Chameleon outputs no widget, no code, and no error.
Only when I include the TextButton SharedResource, the styleresource
attribute, and the popupstyleresource attribute does the widget actually
show up.

Is this normal behavior?  If so, it should really be listed on the
widget docs page.  If not, any idea what I'm doing wrong?  Here's an
example of a non-functional tag:

<cwc2 type="ErrorReport" popupwidth="500" popupheight="400"/>

which should be ok according to

http://maptools.org/chameleon/index.phtml?page=CWC2WidgetDocs.html#ERRORREPORT

This is all under 1.99b2.  Thanks.

-Ken-ichi