[Chameleon] How to Enable GIF,JPG,PNG ..........

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Oct 22 08:12:05 EDT 2004

Issac,

I imagine that you mean 'some' of the formats are not enabled?  In
general, you will need the format to be supported by both PHP and
MapServer.  The process to do this depends on the platform you are
using, but usually it means building a version of GD that includes
support for the image types you want and then building both MapServer
and PHP using that version of GD.

It is generally not good practice to just enable all formats without
knowing why you need them.  In general, PNG is sufficient for most
applications.