[Chameleon] Statistics for a chameleon server

Jacob Delfos jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Wed Sep 1 22:39:20 EDT 2004

Paul,

I wasn't aware of the admin capability (admin.php?). I just tried it, but it came out blank.

I have implemented a simple counting solution, that gathers information from a user when a new session is started (I call a function from session.php). The information is just what I can get from php (IP, browser, etc.), but at least I get some idea of who comes around. It opens/creates a dbf file and adds a new record to it for each user. I had to give write permission to the folder where I placed the dbf file. I wrote a small phtml file to spit out the records, and give the totals. See http://spatial.hgm.com.au/cwcroe7/common/session/viewstats.phtml

I'm not sure if it should/could be a widget, because it doesn't really have to do with the functionality of the page. I have no doubt it could be implemented far more elaborately with more functionality than what I made, though. (e.g. you could make it write W3C format logs, and use an open-source web-statistics tool with graphs to analyse them).

If anyone is interested in the code, let me know.

regards,

Jacob