[Chameleon] session lock problem

Paul Spencer pagameba at magma.ca
Fri Sep 3 11:00:11 EDT 2004

Bart,

there is code in session.php that provides a lock file on windows (not
needed on linux), it is deleted when a php process ends.  There are some
circumstances under which it may not be deleted, so the code only waits
for up to 28 seconds (well, 2 seconds less than the full timeout)

One reason may be that the code to delete the file is failing
(permissions?) or that the process that owns the file is not ending
properly (if php crashes then the code to end the session won't run).

I'd really like to have a better solution for this kind of thing on
windows :(

HTH

Paul