[Chameleon] Hawaii Demo

Paul Spencer pagameba at magma.ca
Mon Sep 13 22:20:29 EDT 2004

Robin,

we can get you the legend used in that example if you wish.  There are
two legend widgets that are available in Chameleon ...

LegendTemplate

this widget provides access to the HTML Legend Template functionality of
MapServer.  There is considerable flexibility in this approach since it
allows you to generate text in any format you wish ... I have seen some
very cool DHTML implementations that provide the kind of multi-level
grouping that provide the tree-like functionality you are interested in.

The limitation of the HTML Legend Template is that MapServer only
supports one level of grouping and it is based directly on the map file.

XMLThemeLegend

This widget avoids the use of MapServer's legend template and was
written for use in an OGC environment since the portable document format
for OGC applications (Web Map Context) does not support any type of
grouping or themes.

This widget allows you to define groups of layers and place them in
themes, and uses a similar templating system as the HTML Legend
Template.  It is way more flexible, but also more complicated (and there
is far less documentation right now).

Because of the templating approach, you can also create complex DHTML
effects with this widget.

HTH ...

Paul