[Chameleon] Locate Lookup

Joel Rivard jrivard at connect.carleton.ca
Fri Sep 24 14:45:29 EDT 2004

Hi List,

I've been playing with the locate widget and was wondering if it could
be changed to lookup table records in a dbf.  As I understand, the
locate widget currently looks through a gazetteer and returns the
appropriate values.  I would like to have an input box for the user to
input a street and return the result on the map display.  I've looked
through the threads and have found some good bits and pieces but I just
can't seem to completely understand, due to some limitations of being a
beginner at PHP language.  (If anybody has any good sites for PHP
tutorials, can you please let me know)

Can anyone help me find a way to alter the PHP code in the Locate
Widget to allow it to search through my local data?

Thanks,

Joel Rivard