[Chameleon] ExpressionBuilder Help

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Apr 7 21:38:14 EDT 2005

If you don't know how it works, how can you know if it useful ;)

The ExpressionBuilder widget was built to work with WFS layers.  It
attempts to determine information about the remote WFS layer in order to
help the user generate an SLD Filter for the layer.  It will also work
with WMS layers that are correctly configured to support SLD or to
return a WFS layer and typename from the DescribeLayer WMS request.

GML does have the problem of being fairly bulky and is often not used
for this specific reason.  However, you should be able to work with the
WMS service just fine.

The SQLQuery widget will query a local database.  It outputs its results
into a SharedResource widget so that other widgets can access the
results of the query.  This is used with ExtractSR and Table widgets,
which do something with the contents of a SharedResource.

Unfortunately, this is not documented very well (or at all ;)) so if you
want to really know how to use this stuff, you will need to jump into
the code at some point and try to understand it.

The folks on the list will help out as much as possible, but we can only
really get you started ...

Cheers

Paul