[Chameleon] Bad initial mapunits, ground scale and scalebar...

Fortin,Nicolas [SteFoy] nicolas.fortin at ec.gc.ca
Thu Apr 14 10:21:17 EDT 2005

Hi!

I have a problem with initial mapunits and consequently the scaling of
my map.

I use Chameleon 2.0 with some CVS update.  Windows XP with IIS.

My mapfile is in epsg:4326 (lat/lon) and when I first load the
application, the extents are -75 44 -67 50.  Here's what is shown by
chameleon:
 Scalebar: 5 intervals of 0.0007km increment (!?!?)
 Ground Scale : 50 (!?!?)
 Map Units: Metre (Not supposed to be Decimal Degree!?!?)
 Projection : WGS 84 / Geographic
 Left:  -75.05
 Right:  -66.95
 Bottom:  44.00
 Top:  50.00

I check my epsg file and all seems ok for epsg:4326
Here's a part of my mapfile:

NAME CYBERWMS1
SIZE 462 342
EXTENT -75 44 -67 50
SHAPEPATH "J:\data"
SYMBOLSET "F:\Mapserver\symbols\symbols35.sym"
FONTSET "F:\chameleon\chameleon-2.0\samples\etc\fonts.txt"

PROJECTION
   "init=epsg:4326"
END

The weird thing is if I change the projection using the
projectionselector widget to the same projection, all is back to normal:
 Scalebar ok!
 Ground Scale 5526005 ok
But Map Units is Metre again...

I'm lost...