[Chameleon] authentication/authorization module

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Apr 15 11:45:49 EDT 2005

Bart,

its in the latest cvs stuff, but no docs yet.  I'm working on putting
out a beta of 2.1 in preparation of a 2.2 release ... here's my notes on
the authentication stuff so far:

- bug 972: added user authentication capabilites into the core of
Chameleon.  Samples are in:

chameleon/htdocs/samples/htdocs/sample_admin.phtml and sample_user.phtml

:)

I added a module called adb to php_utils to handle abstraction of
databases (I find adodb very heavy weight) and it only supports sqlite
right now ... contributions for mysql and pgsql would be welcome ;)

There is also a new Authentication.php file in chameleon/htdocs that
implements the actual authentication part.  See the samples for how to
integrate it into your app.

I'd like to see a 'how to add support for authentication' in the tiki
... as soon as I have time ;)

Cheers

Paul