[Chameleon] getShape w/ OGR and MapInfo Tabs

Stephan Holl sholl at gmx.net
Sat Apr 23 15:41:16 EDT 2005

dear list,

I have a problem getting shape-information with getShape() from Mapinfo-
Tabs generated with ogr2ogr from a shapefile.

it does not retrieve any bounds for the object:
$oLayer->open();
$oShape = $oLayer->getShape($nTile, 0 );
                $aszAttributes['name'] = $oLayer->name;
                $aszAttributes['index'] = $oLayer->index;
                $oRect = $oShape->bounds;
                $aszAttributes['minx'] = $oRect->minx;
                $aszAttributes['miny'] = $oRect->miny;
                $aszAttributes['maxx'] = $oRect->maxx;
                $aszAttributes['maxy'] = $oRect->maxy;

$oRect is alway empty when I try this on TAB-Files connected through
OGR.

My Mapfile-Snippet.
TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR #
  CONNECTION "/data/lka/seen_tab/seen.tab"
CLASS
    NAME "Binnenseen"

I couldn`t find similar problems at goole.
Does anybodyy can give me a hint?!

TIA
	Stephan

--