[Chameleon] Image format of map

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Thu Apr 28 04:03:11 EDT 2005

Hi,

did you check the Chameleon config file (chameleon.xml)?

    <context-param>
      <param-name>image_type</param-name>
      <param-value>PNG</param-value>
      <description>Output image type (eg: PNG, GIF). Must be uppercase. This image format MUST be supported by your browser and GD (on the server). Please don't change that value unless you know what you'r doing.</description>
    </context-param>

The param value normally corresponds with the NAME of an output format object from your MAP file which you want to use.

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera-ITSolutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> Dirk Jesko <ml.dje at geocontent.de> 04/28/05 09:52am >>>
Hi,

Simple question: How do I choose the format for the map image generated
by a MapDHTML widget? Even though, my mapfile only specifies jpeg, I
always get a 256 color PNG. Somehow, I can not find a way to change
this. Since I have layers with true color imagery, 256 colors are
insufficient.

Thanks,
Dirk Jesko