[Chameleon] Two legends in one Chameleon Application

Ivan Kautter ivankautter at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 4 14:24:53 EST 2005

List Serv Subscribers,

I'd like to use two different legends on two different side tabs, one for
merely controlling layer display and active layers and one for displaying a
legend proper with color keys and symbols, etc.  Is this possible?  I have
tried to do this with little success by placing one legend based on one
template on the Layer tab and one based on a different template on the Tools
tab.  At this point, I am considering using some sort of PHP scripting to
control which style of legend would appear on one side tab, but I feel less
than confident in my ability to do that, as I am brand new to PHP and know
nothing of Javascript which I would assume would be required to capture
client-side events to make one or the other legend appear.  So, I'd like to
utilize the current solutions and tools within Chameleon to accomplish this
as opposed to fumbling around on my own.  Any suggestions?  Thanks for your
time and attention.

Ivan Kautter