[Chameleon] widget within a widget

Jennifer Zeisloft jzeisloft at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 23:50:54 EST 2005

Hello All-

I am attempting to place a widget within a widget, but am uncertain
how to do this or whether this is even possible.

Specifically, I am trying to place the Link widget within the Query
widget.  Ideally, I would like to place a link button on the title bar
of each layer appearing in the query window that is hotlinked to
another resource.  I attempted to call the widget from within a second

$szReturnValue .= "<td colspan=\"2\" class=\"titleArea\"><p

$szReturnValue .= "<td><cwc2 type="Link" visible="true" imagetip="Link
to additional resources" URL="http://www.google.com" PopupWidth="500"
PopupHeight="600" image="icons/icon_link.png" toolset="Navigation"
styleresource="NavButtons" popupstyleresource="TextButtons">
             <image state="normal"/>
             <image state="hover"/>
             <image state="selected"/>
</cwc2></td>\n";

$szReturnValue .= "</tr>\n";

But received an error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in
C:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\widgets\Query\QueryResults.phtml on line
401

I have to admit (if it isn't already painfully obvious) that I have
very minimal computer programming / php experience.  While I am fairly
certain I can write the function to utilize URLs from a dbf file and
the code to make the widget appear only when appropriate, I am lost as
to where or how to place the code (and am I missing some other code
that would be required to do this??) to call the Link widget in the
first place.

I am extremely grateful for any advice you can offer.  Thank you in
advance for your help!

Jennifer Zeisloft