[Chameleon] Installing Chameleon on Linux

Robin Brown rbrown at unb.ca
Wed Feb 9 10:33:01 EST 2005

Hello all,

We are trying to install Chameleon version 1.99 beta 2 on a linux server and are having
trouble getting the samples to work.

> It appears when I try to run any of the chameleon samples that it is
> looking for:
>
>   /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/php_dbase.dll
>
> but the only object in the directory is the php_mapscript.so shared
> object.  If the .dll extension means what I think it does, then the
> chameleon sample is looking for a windows type object, a dll rather
> than a shared object (.so) file.

does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Is there anything special we need to do to get Chameleon working on Linux?  As far as I
know, all the instructions available for installation have been followed.  Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks

Robin