[Chameleon] Chameleon and internationalization

Christopher R. Thorne cthorne at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Feb 11 09:02:22 EST 2005

Bart,
I totally agree with you on this and this is a complicated issue.

I have been working on the xml widget doc framework and your issues with multi-lingual
content for: widget documentation and application specific content (eg. Maptips, online
help, other app text) is exactly what I hope to be able to handle in the widget docs. :)

Unfortunately, Between Paul and I we have only been talking about this and have not
defined a plan of attack.

In the meantime, I personally don't have a solution for better managing your languages
content in the dbf files.

maybe you could write a dbf script routine that appends the language column to the new
installation of Chameleon????? I don't know.

Chris