[Chameleon] Fwd: Re: Installing Chameleon on Linux

Robin Brown rbrown at unb.ca
Thu Feb 24 10:04:25 EST 2005

I did a grep among the files for the chameleon.map string and found
only one file containing the text /../map/chameleon.map,
specifically in the file:

  /var/www/html/Chameleon/samples/htdocs/sample_basic_plainbuttons.phtml

was the line:

  $szMapFile = dirname(__FILE__)."/../map/chameleon.map";

so, assuming the apparent function call dirname is not returning
what the php script expects, I replaced the above by:

  $szMapFile = "../map/chameleon.map";

on the assumption that a relative path should work.  After the
change, however, the script appears to break completely.  The error
message in the apache log is:

  [Thu Feb 24 10:16:28 2005] [error] [client 131.202.3.8] Premature end of script
headers: php, referer: http://linux.unb.ca/Chameleon/samples/htdocs/

and the browser is displaying an Internal Server Error.  It is not
possible to say from this whether it is now finding the file and is
breaking later on or that the change that I made is causing the
complete failure.  The change that I made is still syntactically
correct PHP, so I suspect it is now finding the file but breaking
later on.