[Chameleon] Distance tool units (miles) and other problems

bartvde at xs4all.nl bartvde at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 4 05:57:56 EST 2005

Hi Massimo,

answers inline.

> Hello!
>
> Could I ask for a question about Chameleon Bilinguilisation sample?
>
> I have used this good sample to study map server project and in 10 days I
> learned to manage the map file, the template and the inizialisation file.
> Now, I tried to substitute my files (with the appropriate reference
> system, UTM 33 WGS84) and it seems to work properly (after many little
> problems...). But:
>
> 1) why it is necessary the template "ttt_query.html" in the layer object?
> I didn't find this template inside the directories of ms4w, and in the
> sample it was in the class object? By a your answer to a post, I
> understood that it must be in the layer object. Anyway, is it possible
> show just some fields of my dbf?

This is necessary if you want to be able to query layers. The file does
not have to exist, you can also use dummy.html makes no difference. It is
just a setting to tell Mapserver/Mapscript that the layer is queryable
(can be queried).

If you use the WMS interface you can't filter out attributes, I don't know
about other modes though ....

> 2) I would be show the distance tool units in meters, not in miles! Where
> could I change this unit? In which file?

use the attribute units="METERS" at the Ruler widget definition, e.g.:

<cwc2 type="Ruler" styleresource="NavButton" visible="true"
image="skins/flat_grey/icon_ruler.png" imagetip="Meet afstand"
imagewidth="24" imageheight="24" units="METERS" >
    <image state="normal"/>
    <image state="hover"/>
</cwc2>

> 3) I would change the little Canada map (keymap.gif) by another referenced
> little map. But, what about its reference system? In which file I have to
> change it and where could i put my gif/jpg/tif map file? In general, how
> could I change the lower part of the page (scale 1-2-3-4-5-6, distance,
> mouse x, mouse y, etc.)?

I use a map of the Netherlands for this, e.g.:

<cwc2 type="KeyMapDHTML" image="/chameleon/geoservices/nederland.png"
SRS="28992" WIDTH="135" HEIGHT="157" MINX="20000" MAXX="285000"
MINY="305000" MAXY="620000" BORDER="0"/>