[Chameleon] distance tool units (miles) and other problems

Massimo Paone m.paone at tiscali.it
Tue Jan 4 05:18:35 EST 2005

Hello!

Could I ask for a question about Chameleon Bilinguilisation sample?

I have used this good sample to study map server project and in 10 days I learned to manage the map file, the template and the inizialisation file. Now, I tried to substitute my files (with the appropriate reference system, UTM 33 WGS84) and it seems to work properly (after many little problems...). But:

1) why it is necessary the template "ttt_query.html" in the layer object? I didn't find this template inside the directories of ms4w, and in the sample it was in the class object? By a your answer to a post, I understood that it must be in the layer object. Anyway, is it possible show just some fields of my dbf?

2) I would be show the distance tool units in meters, not in miles! Where could I change this unit? In which file?

3) I would change the little Canada map (keymap.gif) by another referenced little map. But, what about its reference system? In which file I have to change it and where could i put my gif/jpg/tif map file? In general, how could I change the lower part of the page (scale 1-2-3-4-5-6, distance, mouse x, mouse y, etc.)?

Thank's a lot in advance

Massimo Paone (Rome-Italy)