[Chameleon] [Fwd: [Chameleon-dev] PHP5 and chameleon on windows]

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jan 20 16:14:57 EST 2005

For those that are interested, Assefa has tested Chameleon on PHP 5 and
it seems to work just fine.  Tom K. also tested the cwc2 service
instance with PHP 5 and there were only a couple of minor issues that
had to be fixed.

I am not officially supporting Chameleon on PHP 5 yet (i.e. I haven't
upgraded :)) but since it is inevitable, I will definitely try to help
out if you try it and run into issues.

For those that are interested, there have been some big changes in PHP 5
that Chameleon could be modified to take advantage of.  Unfortunately,
these changes will not be backwards compatible, so I am unlikely to
tackle making sweeping changes until PHP 5 becomes widespread.  In the
meantime, its nice to know that the code will work with PHP 5 without
major problems.

Just to be absolutely clear: when I do switch to PHP 5, I won't be
making changes that will be incompatible with PHP 4 expect by mistake.