[Chameleon] DHTML Map with one HTML layer / GIS layers

François Prunayre fx.prunayre at oieau.fr
Fri Jul 1 09:50:15 EDT 2005

Hello all, I would like to have some advice on how to make a new widget to
display the main map with one DHTML layer by GIS layer. I'm currently using
Context and WMS & WFS layers. This approch is used in mapbender and in other
products ... Any work done in this direction using chameleon ?

This could be useful when a WMS server is not available (as JPL World Map
service does today http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi? due to overload) ...
chameleon and the DHTML map widget is hanging with no errors... maybe
because mapserver is making on single image for all layers ... How to loop
through the layers and overlapping images on the client side ?

Any ideas are welcomed ?

Thanks for your help.
Francois

François-Xavier Prunayre
GIS Engineer - International Office for Water
Web OIEau : www.oieau.org
Web SANDRE : www.sandre.eaufrance.fr

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de suspect n'a ete trouve.

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels, confidentiels et prives. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme partielle, doit etre autorisee.

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal, confidential and secret. Any total or partial publication, use or distribution must be authorized.