[Chameleon] language, $oMLT->get not working

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Tue Jul 5 10:02:40 EDT 2005

Hi list,

I am having some trouble getting the widgets in my application to retrieve texts from the dbf files. The common language resource works fine.

I had to perform to following hacks to get things working, but I would be interested to know what my application is missing so I can solve this in a more subtle way.

I had to do the following things:

1) set the language attribute of the $oMLT before retrieving the first text
  $oMLT->szLanguage = 'en-CA'; echo $oMLT->get("1", "Geen helptekst gevonden")

2) Had to edit mlt.php around line 345 and set the language:

                elseif ( is_array( $mLang ) )
                {
                    $mLang = "en-CA";

So apparently something is wrong with my language settings. How does Chameleon determine the language of the application? Do I need to set it in the index.phtml file? I could not find something in the samples with this respect.

Btw using Chameleon version 2.2.
Btw2, the same problem happens in the sample applications, the default values are used from the phtml files.

Thanks in advance.

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270