[Chameleon] PanMap widget update.

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Fri Jul 8 04:57:50 EDT 2005

Paul, Jason,

the updates (dynlayer.js, dhtmlapi.js, drag.js) are in CVS head and have been tested with IE and Firefox. Paul, I had to do a minor change to your last version of dynlayer.js but all is working now cross-browser.

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl
Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl
>>> Paul Spencer <pspencer at dmsolutions.ca> 07/07/05 15:25 PM >>>
Jason,

I think I have finally figured out what the problem is.  If you are
using a valid doctype in your template, it can force browsers into
standards compliance mode instead of quirks mode.  This is not
necessarily a bad thing, but it means that any css styles or js code
that sets styles related to positioning MUST INCLUDE "px" ... so if you
set the top position of an element through js
var top = 100;
myDiv.style.top = top;

this becomes invalid and is ignored.  To do it properly, you must do:

myDiv.style.top = top + "px";

The code that handles the ruler and the pan does not do this properly
due to its age.

Now that I understand the problem, I've been  able to fix it for Bart.
He will be doing some further testing and committing the changes to CVS
at some point soon (I hope).

The immediate workaround would be to remove the doctype if that is a
possibility for you

Cheers