[Chameleon] Script Errors in IE

Peter Kingsbury peterkingsbury at istop.com
Fri Jul 8 12:40:48 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I've come across an anomaly in my project which users have indicated
only reside within Internet Explorer 6. Other tested browsers include
Firefox and Opera, which do not exhibit the behavior.

The problem lies with the tool widgets (pan, zoom, query), which work
when initially loading the page, and fail to work after
zooming/panning/etc once. After this, the page generates a scripting error.

Another anomaly is that the browser address bar (which in Firefox/Opera
show the entire query e.g.
http://localhost/page.phtml??NAV_INPUT_TYPE=POINT&NAV_INPUT_COORDINATES=329
and so on) which in IE shows some weird characters:

      Øt

at the end of the root URL.

Upon checking the generated html page, the error occurs at the same
place there is a document.page[0] invoked.

I'm placing widgets inside a table, and not using javascript layers.

Any ideas on this?

Cheers,
- Peter