[Chameleon] Setting quality for JPEG output

Jason Grimes jgrimes at gi.alaska.edu
Fri Jul 8 18:40:34 EDT 2005

Hi Tyler,

You set this with FORMATOPTION in the OUTPUTFORMAT block of your map
file.  Here is what I have mine set to...

        IMAGETYPE jpeg
        IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255

        OUTPUTFORMAT
                NAME jpeg
                DRIVER "GD/JPEG"
                MIMETYPE "image/jpeg"
                IMAGEMODE RGB
                EXTENSION "jpg"
                FORMATOPTION "QUALITY=100"
        END

The IMAGETYPE must match the NAME in OUTPUTFORMAT.

Jason G