[Chameleon] Setting quality for JPEG output

Jacob Delfos jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Sat Jul 9 01:53:27 EDT 2005

Hi Tyler,

The imagetype set in chameleon.xml will determine what is being used,
but it still listens to the settings in the mapfile. So if you want a
jpeg with 60% quality, then you have to specify the quality setting in
the output format, like this:

        OUTPUTFORMAT
                NAME jpeg
                DRIVER "GD/JPEG"
                MIMETYPE "image/jpeg"
                IMAGEMODE RGB
                EXTENSION "jpg"
                FORMATOPTION "QUALITY=60"
        END

I think with the current setting of "auto" for image type, it will use
the imagetype setting in the mapfile as mapserver would do.

The customisation I posted was for chameleon version 1. I have changed
it a little to automatically detect whether a raster exists in the
layers being drawn (while also using the "forcejpg" parameter in the
metadata), and to switch to jpeg based on that. Let me know if you want
me to send it to you.

regards,

Jacob