[Chameleon] Problems with the ExtractWFSData widget

Jason Grimes jgrimes at gi.alaska.edu
Tue Jul 19 16:59:21 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I'm trying to get the ExtractWFSData widget to work, but I'm running
into some problems.  I have the php_ogr.so module loaded and all the
test appear to work with it.  If I select a layer and then the widget
the popup window appears without problems.  If I select "Shape" as the
output and "TGZ" as the format and then "Extract" I get the following
error:

"Unable to create Shape file.  It is most likely that no features were
found for this layer in the current region."

After I click "OK" the popup window no longer shows output or the format
choices, just the output file name.  Now when I select "Extract" it down
loads a GML version of the data and no compression without error.

If I select "GML" and "TGZ" and then "Extract" there are no errors, but
the popup window goes blank and nothing gets downloaded.

Is there something I haven't setup correctly?  It would be nice to be
able to download the layers as a shape file.  Most of our users use ESRI
so they are more comfortable with them.  Thanks,

Jason