[Chameleon] Can't use setcookie

Abe Gillespie abe.gillespie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 14:37:52 EDT 2005

I'm trying to use setcookie() within a custom widget but I cannot due
to output already being sent to the client:

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /var/www/chameleon-2.0.1/htdocs/widgets/RulerResult/RulerResult.widget.php:102)

Unfortunately this isn't just a case of modifying
RulerResult.widget.php ... there isn't actually any code at line 102
(the last line of code is 100).  So the error message is misleading.

Is there a Chameleon API item that I can use to buffer output ... can
I use a direct PHP call?  Any thoughts?

Thanks.
-Abe