[Chameleon] ungrouped layers and legendtemplate

Ken-ichi kenichi.ueda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 18:03:13 EDT 2005

Hi all.  I feel like this is a problem I have solved in the past but I
just can't seem to figure it out: my layers in a map file are organized
into GROUPs, and I have an HTML legend template that works fine with the
LegendTemplate widget.  However, when I have a layer that isn't a part
of a group, it disappears whenever the map is updated (update, zoom,
pan, whatever).  I was hoping to use ungrouping layers as a way of
hiding them from the legend while still displaying them on the map.  Is
Chameleon actually looking to some list of layers generated by
LegendTemplate when it draws an updated map?  Is there a better way to
effectively "hide" some layers from the legend in Chameleon?

Thanks in advance.

-Ken-ichi