[Chameleon] categorize single polygon layer into different color

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Thu Jun 2 03:41:03 EDT 2005

Hi,

you need to change the MAP file.

Look at the MAP file documentation, and then especially the CLASS and STYLE section.

http://ms.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera-ITSolutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> Rajan Man Bajracharya <rbajracharya at icimod.org.np> 06/02/05 10:16pm >>>
Dear All,

I am having problem to categories single polygon layer i.e. to change the
color depending upon the unique values of the polygon feature. Is it a map
file or the widget that needs to be changed.

e.g. my map file for area zonation polygon layer looks like this

LAYER
   GROUP "Vector"
   NAME area_zonation
   TYPE POLYGON
   DATA area_zonation
   STATUS ON
   CLASS	# how will this data look?
     NAME 'area_zonation'
     TEMPLATE "airports.html"
     OUTLINECOLOR 128 128 128
     COLOR 225 225 185
   END
   TOLERANCE 5
END

Above COLOR tag is the color for whole area_zonation layer. But here I need
to change the color depending upon the unique value and change the color of
each zone accordingly.

Any help regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
-rajan