[Chameleon] JSAPI sample - Javascript errors in IE

Jacob Delfos jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Tue Jun 14 22:18:31 EDT 2005

thanks, all works great now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Fournier [mailto:jfournier at dmsolutions.ca]
Sent: 15 June 2005 09:42
To: Delfos, Jacob
Cc: chameleon at lists.maptools.org
Subject: Re: [Chameleon] JSAPI sample - Javascript errors in IE

Jacob,

I can replicate this issue.  After a bit of digging it seems that the MapTips widget is creating a layer that also exists in the template.  By removing:

<!-- display maptips here -->

the error goes away (ie, CWCDHTML_SetLayerZOrder() grabs the proper MapTipsLayer).  Note that the keymap functions properly after the removal if this layer.  I'll update cvs.

Jason

Delfos, Jacob wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just got a little bug, and was wondering if it's just me.....
>
> If I use the JSAPI enhanced template in mozilla, everything is fine. If
> I use it in internet explorer, I get an error:
>
> Line 223: "undefined is null or not an object"
>
> This error occurs in cwc_dhtml.js, in the function
> "CWCDHTML_SetLayerZOrder", at the line that says:
>
>     layer.zIndex = nLevel;
>
> It only happens in internet explorer. Most navigation buttons do not
> work, and the keymap doesn't show. Anyone know why this happens?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jacob
>
> P.S. am using latest CVS version, head branch.
>

> *JACOB DELFOS
> SPATIAL INFORMATION ANALYST
> *Maunsell Australia Pty Ltd
> 629 Newcastle Street, Leederville, WA 6007
> PO Box 81, Leederville, WA 6902
> Western Australia
> ABN 20 093 846 925
>
> Tel     + 61 8 9281 6185