[Chameleon] Help with DHTML Layers

Jason Fournier jfournier at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jun 24 16:13:07 EDT 2005

Abe,

If I understand correctly one way to approach this is to:

1) create a DHTML layer using CWCDHTML_CreateLayer and set its contents to ''
2) document.createElement an iframe into the DHTML layer through appendChild (I don't believe a div itself can have a src)
3) control the position and visibility through javascript via the style object

So, let's assume you've created a div where id="myDiv" using CWCDHTML_CreateLayer.  You could then write the following javascript:

var d = document.createElement('iframe');
d.src = 'http://www.google.ca';
var c = document.getElementById('myDiv');
c.appendChild(d);

now, you can control the layer properties through it's style object:

c.style.left = '100px';
c.style.top = '100px';
c.style.visibility = 'hidden';

and so on...

This is one method of creating client-side elements and manipulating them.

Best Regards,
Jason