[Chameleon] Extract from WFS

Gail Gail.Millin at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Jun 30 11:45:13 EDT 2005

Hi List,

I would like to use the 'Extract from WFS' widget but I am rather confused
on how it actually works. Is there any reading material you could point me
to specific for Chameleon? Do I need to create a WFS mapfile? From the
material I have read on the MapServer website (WFS Client HOWTO and WFS
Server HOWTO) it would appear that I need to, as it says to define the
metadata parameters with wfs_ prefix. However I was looking at the OGC
viewer on the Chameleon Samples list which contains the Extract from WFS
widget and was trying to figure out how that viewer works. When I did a
search in the chameleon directory I could only find 2 .map files and these
are for WMS there is no indication of any wcs.map file in the directory.

I am abit confused on how the WFS integrates into the Chameleon viewer, any
suggestions or guidance I would appreciate.

Kind Regards

Gail Rebecca Millin
Geodata Interoperability Support Officer
Manchester Computing
The University of Manchester
Oxford Road
M13 9PL